How to Fix Can't Download Apps from Google Play Store
There are some problems when using Google Play Store, such as you can't open the service, install and download apps. We know these problems are very annoying!
Well, seems like Play Store can't download problems have been frequently found by Android users.
When you want to install apps and games, the download process does not run even pending or waiting. To solve this, you can do the steps that I will explain below.
1. Check your internet connection
Ensure that your internet connection is stable and not in trouble. We recommend you connect to a Wi-Fi network.
If you don't have access to Wi-Fi, make sure you have a strong mobile data connection. Then try downloading again.
2. Clear the cache & data of the Play Store
If the Play Store can't download due to an error, you need to clear the cache and data from the Play Store app.
By doing this, your device will lose all history and cache in the Google Play Store app.
This action will refresh the app and can help you solve this problem. Follow these steps:
- Open the Settings (gear icon) on your phone.
- Scroll down and Tap Applications, then see all apps.
- Scroll down, then tap Google Play Store.
- Clear cache and data.
Re-open the Play Store and try downloading again.
3. Restart your device
- Press and hold the Power button until a menu appears.
- Tap Power off or Restart.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Try the other steps below if the above tips are still not successful.
4. Delete unimportant files until the remaining internal memory is above 550 MB
Sometimes, Android users are not aware when the storage memory of their phone has run out. In fact, internal storage is a place to store applications you download from the Play Store.
First, check the internal memory. Ensure it has more than 550 MB of free space.
A message will appear to free up your insufficient space.
To install an app or update on this device, delete any unneeded apps. You can also free up space by deleting media files in Settings > Storage.
For example, you can clear all apps cache with these steps:
- Open the Settings on your phone
- Scroll down and Tap Storage
- Cached data > Clear cached data for all apps.
You could also use Clean Master, CM Lite, or other apps to clear the cache that makes your internal memory full.
5. Check the device you are using is compatible or not
It appears a notice in the application when you want to install that, "your smartphone doesn't support this version." You can outsmart it by installing apps (Apk) from outside the Play Store.
6. Can't download because of pending application updates
We have checked one by one possible cause Play Store won't download. Starting from the internet connection, memory storage, and others.
But there is one of the most common factors causing this problem.
The point of the Play Store can't download problem; the reason is that it automatically updated so many apps when you use a Wi-Fi connection.
When you are outside the Wi-Fi network and your phone's internal memory to update all apps is insufficient, the app update process will be delayed or waiting for download.
This is the major cause why the Play Store can't download anything.
Now you know the cause of the Play Store won't download. It's time to fix it by stopping all the pending application updates.
Below is how to stop all app updates and allow you to download from the Play Store again.
How to Fix Download Pending on Google Play Store
- Open the Play Store app
- Tap the Menu (= icon) in the top left corner. Now your profile pic.
- Go to My Apps and Games, then check the list of apps.
If there is a list of updated apps, but the download process is not running, make it stop. If there are too many app updates pending, then select Stop All.
If it works and everything stops, you now have to make additional settings in the Play Store, so the same problem does not appear in the future.
- Open the Play Store app.
- Tap the main Menu from your profile pic.
- Scroll down to Settings.
- Tap the Auto-update apps > Select Don't auto-update apps.
- Still, in Settings > General > tap the Notifications > Toggle on updates available.
- For manual updates, you can do it through the Manage apps & device > My Apps & games menu.
Now, try downloading the app you want.
7. Update your Google Play Services (Optional)
If Google Play services have not been updated for a long time, it will cause an error in the Play Store. Therefore, you need to update it regularly.
That's how to fix the can't download app problem on Play Store. I hope this article could be useful. Thanks for reading!
Read also: How to Review and Rate an App on Google Play.