How to Fix Can't Download Apps from Google Play Store
There are some problems when using Google Play Store, such as can't be opened and download apps. Those problems are very annoying.
Well, Play Store can't download problems seems to have been frequently found by Android users.
When you want to install applications and games, the download process does not run even pending. To solve this, you can do the steps that I will explain below.
1. Check your internet connection
Make sure that your internet connection is stable and not in trouble. We recommend that you connect to a Wi-Fi network.
If you don't have access to Wi-Fi, make sure you have a strong mobile data connection. Then try downloading again.
2. Clear the cache & data of the Play Store
If the Play Store can't download due to an error, you need to clear the cache and data from the Play Store app.
By doing this, your device will lose all history and cache in the Google Play Store app.
This action will refresh the app and can help you solve this problem. Follow these steps:
- Open the settings (gear icon) on your phone.
- Scroll down and Tap Applications, then see all apps.
- Scroll down, then tap Google Play Store.
- Clear cache and data.
Re-open the Play Store and try downloading again.
3. Restart your device
- Press and hold the Power button until a menu appears.
- Tap Power off or Restart.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Try another step below if the above tips are not successful.
4. Delete unimportant files until the remaining internal memory is above 550 MB
Sometimes, Android users are not aware of the storage memory of their phone has run out. In fact, internal storage is a place to store applications that you download from the Play Store.
First, check the internal memory. At least has more than 550 MB of free space.
A message will appear to free up your insufficient space.
To install an app or update on this device, delete any unneeded apps. You can also free up space by deleting media files in Settings > Storage.
For example, you can clear all apps cache with these steps:
- Open the settings on your phone
- Scroll down and Tap Storage
- Cached data > Clear cached data for all apps.
You could also use Clean Master, CM Lite, or other applications to clear the cache that makes your internal memory full.
5. Check the Device you are using is compatible or not
It appears a notice in the application when you want to install that, "your smartphone doesn't support this version." You can outsmart it by installing applications (Apk) from outside the Play Store.
6. Can't Download Because of Pending Application Updates
We have checked one by one possible cause Play Store won't download. Starting from the internet connection, memory storage, and others.
But there is one of the most common factors causing the problem.
The point of the Play Store can't download problem; the reason is that it automatically updated many apps when you use a Wi-Fi connection.
When you are outside of the Wi-Fi network or internal memory to update all apps is insufficient, then the app update process will be delayed.
This is the main cause of the Play Store can't download anything.
Now you know the cause of the Play Store won't download. It's time to fix it by stopping all the pending application updates.
Below is how to stop all apps updates and allows you to download from the Play Store again.
How to Fix Download Pending on Google Play Store
- Open the Play Store app
- Tap menu (= icon) in the top left corner
- Go to My Apps and Games, then check out the list of apps.
If there is a list of updated apps, but the download process is not running, select stop it. If there are too many app updates are pending, then select Stop All.
If it works and everything stops, now you have to make additional settings in the Play Store, so it does not appear the same problem in the future.
- Open the Play Store app.
- Tap the menu.
- Scroll down to Settings.
- Tap the auto-update app menu > Select do not auto-update apps.
- Still, in settings, tap the notifications menu > Select for updates.
- For manual updates, you can do it through the 'My Apps & Games' menu.
Now, try downloading the app you want.
7. Update your Google Play Services (Optional)
If Google Play services have not been updated for a long time, it will cause an error to the Play Store. Therefore, you need to update it regularly.
That's how to fix the can't download app problem on Play Store. I hope this article could be useful. Thanks for reading this article!
Read also: How to Review and Rate an App on Google Play.