4 Simple Ways to Make Searching on Google Play Store Easier
Google Play is Google's digital content service where you can get apps, games, and other digital content for your Android device using the Play Store app.
I'm 100% sure most of your Android devices have this Play Store App since you first bought it, but if not, you can download it yourself.
Usually, the problem users experience when using the Play Store is having trouble finding the apps they want.
Yes, because so many applications are published on the Google Play Store, I also sometimes reluctant to try it, when in fact, I was curious want to tried it.
Maybe you do not know that the Play Store actually has special tricks to make it easier for users to find millions of applications in it.
Therefore, this article will help you understand that.
To start searching for an app or game you want, you can generally use the following methods:
- Go to the Apps section of your Android device.
- Open the Google Play Store App
- The app will open and you can search and browse the content for download.
However, for the best result, you can use some useful tricks below:
1. Find The Applications Based on the Specific Developer
Through the search menu, Play Store offers a way to search all the applications published by certain developers.
You just need to type dev: Developer Name (for example dev: Google) in search, then all applications developed and published by Google will appear.
2. Find the Applications Based on the Specified Name
Finding apps that have similar names is always a problem. To specialize, try to add quotes to every keyword you seek.
For example, when you want to find an application to edit or make a logo, then type "logo maker", so Play Store will specialize the result for logo maker only.
3. Find the Applications Without Games
The Android games dominate the Play Store homepage by always being the top one. You do not believe? just try it now, open the Play Store. Surely you will be immediately served by new or recently updated games.
Although now separated, but to focus more on finding applications, you can visit the "Application" specific category.
- Open the Play Store app.
- On the homepage, tap the 'Category' menu. There will be various subcategories of applications starting from Business, Finance, Medical, Health and Fitness, and others.
- Choose one of the subcategories and install any app you want.
Alternatively, you can use an app called "Apps Only: Play Store without Games" that can help you find an app without any games at all.
4. Find the Applications Based on the Top Charts
You can find trending and popular Apps using the top chart list. The trick I've discussed in detail on How to Find the Current Trending and Popular Apps on the Google Play Store.
If you apply the above methods, then I'm pretty sure you will no longer have difficulty to find the application you need.