PCSX2 Best Settings No Lag Problem on Windows 10
There are various ways you can do to play old-school PS2 games on different platforms. One of the most popular is using the PCSX2 emulator for Windows (PC). Besides Windows, you're also able to run PS2 games with PCSX2 on other platforms such as Linux and Mac.
There are many motives why people use these emulators, but some of the reason is the original platforms of the games are not produced anymore and they have no money to buy a newer console because the price is relatively expensive.
However, low PC specs make them discouraged to play PS2 games with the PCSX2. Because it will only cause lag that interferes with the gameplay.
Therefore, the best PCSX2 setting is needed to solve this lag problem.
How to Settings PCSX2 Without Lag on Windows 10
The PCSX2 version that I use for this setting is PCSX2 1.4.0. The display may be different for PCSX2 1.6.0 and the latest version. Follow these steps:
1. Open the PCSX2 software on your computer.
2. Select Config, then Video (GS), click the Plugin Settings.
Set it like the below image:
For the adapter, choose the VGA you use on your computer. If there is no Direct3D11 (Hardware), you can select Direct3D9 or Direct3D10 (Hardware).
3. Select Config, and then Audio (SPU2). Set like the picture below.
Important note: If you don't want to lose the sound, DO NOT change the Output settings, module: 1-XAudio 2.
4. Back to the configuration again, but this time select the Emulation settings.
5. You can use the default options for EE/IOP and VUs because most game performances are fine.
6. Select GS, follow the settings as the screenshot below.
7. Select GS Windows, it's optional if you want to set it like the below picture.
You can change the aspect ratio to Widescreen (16:9) or fit Window to make the emulator fullscreen. Choose the one that gives you the best experience.
8. Select Speedh*cks, set it like the screenshot below.
Most of the PS2 games that I play on PC using these settings run smoothly. But keep in mind that not all of them will have the same performances, so you need to change the settings to suitable for your PC specs.
That's how to setting PCSX2 without lag on Windows 10. I hope you can enjoy the weekend with your favorite old-school PS2 games.